The RYC teacher training is a master training for any yoga, pilates, fitness or movement teacher who wishes to work with the millions of people who have any form of core and pelvic floor dysfunction.
The training is also open to anyone wishing to be certified as a movement teacher who has no previous background teaching movement. Yes! This means that you will be able to teach movement classes once you are certified.
There are 2 different tracks to certification depending on whether you are an existing movement teacher or if you would like to become a movement teacher.
In this comprehensive training you will learn:
- How to assess alignment, breath, core, pelvic floor and spinal movement function
- What type of movement, breath or core protocol to teach once you have done your assessment
- Basic functional anatomy and biomechanics as it relates to breath, core and pelvic floor function
- Multiple breath techniques and movement sequences used in RYC.’ to help your client breath and move better
- How to progress clients with core and pelvic floor dysfunction in a safe manner
- How to modify almost every exercise in RYC to meet the needs of your client, support and help them progress
- Language, cueing and scope of practice
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to teach Restore Your Core classes (please see FAQ for more info on that)
The pace of this training will be dynamic and hands on. In addition to learning Restore Your Core movement templates, participants will also:
- Learn to assess alignment, form, breathing, core and breathing patterns
- Go through a variety of what-if scenarios
- Troubleshoot breathing and movement patterns
- Learn to make connections between body parts and issues present there
- Break down almost each move in the Restore Your Core Program so your understanding of the pose and the logic behind why we do it is solid
- Learn how to modify exercises and make them more effective when required
On top of that, graduates of the program will be trained in how to help a client progress through the Restore Your Core stages, gain the maximum benefits from an exercise and progress toward a more functional core. That means that graduates will know how to both assess a client as well as how to use that assessment to help a client progress through the 4 stages of RYC movement (or through a customized program.)
Choose your RYC teacher training location:
What people are saying
Lauren's Teaching Fundamentals are a must for any teacher in the movement field! Even as an experienced yoga teacher, there was an incredible amount I gained from it. I love how Lauren breaks down the essentials to body mechanics, assessments, and corrective exercises in a simple format. This program is one of the best things you can do to become a better teacher and serve your clients better.
Malka S. , New York, USA
The Teaching Fundamentals was so much more than ever expected. I have been teaching movement for some time, but found that I was never totally sure what people were getting wrong, what was stopping them from properly using their bodies, and how I could help them work through that. This course answered just about all these questions and moved me to another level of movement awareness - in myself and others. Thank you, Lauren!
Tracy S. , Canada
Teaching Movement Fundamentals is an essential tool for anyone teaching movement. Lauren goes through four key trouble areas of a person’s body and explains structure and anatomy, how to assess their movement ability, and she gives a huge number of exercises for you to utilize to resolve issues in these problem areas. If you want amazing problem solving techniques and the ability to spot movement patterns into your teaching, this is the course for you. I think non-movement teachers who are fascinated with Lauren’s method and problem solving would also love this course!
Emma R , UK
I am so impressed with the breadth and depth of Lauren’s knowledge. She is a fantastic teacher, in part because she so clearly sees exactly what information we need and presents it in a clear, easy to comprehend style. There is essential information in the Teaching Fundamentals course that I had never learned in any other movement, bodywork or anatomy course and am so grateful to have! The assessments and movement-corrective tools have taught me to recognize clients’ chronic tension and compensation patterns and to to help them improve their movement strategies for greater strength and mobility.
Janine S. , Illinois, USA
I absolutely loved Lauren’s Teaching Fundamentals course. As a movement teacher and massage therapist I learned a huge amount and have been using the assessments and correctives in my classes. Lauren has the ability to breakdown complex subjects and make them easy to understand. She explains things so well that they instantly make sense and backs everything up with clear demonstration. I would highly recommend this course for anyone, professional or not, who wants to increase their knowledge of their own and their clients' movement patterns.
Janey S. , UK
Prerequisites for attending the RYC™ Teacher Training:
- Completed the Restore Your Core online program
- Attend a Restore Your Core Workshop
- Complete the Teaching Movement Fundamentals online course (included in the price of the training)
Requirements for certifying as an RYC™ Teacher :
- Complete RYC™ 4-day Teacher Training
- 3 Case Studies: These are to be completed post training. They can be a 1-1 or a group class. I offer guidelines to use to write up a summary of your class
- Additional requirements if you are not already certified as a teacher – check Teacher Training FAQ page for that.
You have 3 months post training to complete the requirements in order to receive a certificate.
The price for the Teacher training is $2,299.Sign Up Now
The online course “Teaching Movement Fundamentals ” is included in the price of this training.Sign Up Now
* More information in the Teacher Training FAQ page
Payment plans and scholarships available, email email@example.com for more details.